Sports betting is quite popular in Australia, so it’s no surprise to see a bunch of both local and international bookies offer their service to the players. This works the best way for the customers. They can pick between plenty of reputable sportsbooks. On top of that, the competition forces the bookmakers to give the players various benefits, such as bonuses and promotions. If you’re an Australian player looking for the best sports betting website in 2020 out there, we recommend you to check our list below. As there are dozens of betting sites, we choose to focus on 4 of the best: Bet365, Palmerbet, Unibet and Pointsbet.
Top Australian Betting Sites Ranking Registration Link Bet365 Register here Palmerbet Register here Unibet Register here Pointsbet Register here Neds
The following specials and registration links are not aimed at North-South Wales players in tune with the new regulation. The players from the NSW region are not eligible for the same.
It’s hardly a surprise to see the name of Bet365 here. The company is one of the best out there and has obtained a license for the Australian market:
Bet365 Australia is unmatched when it comes to the sheer number of sports in the betting coupon. All popular local leagues are covered, as well as all kinds of events from all over the globe. The list includes more than 30 sports available for both pre-game and live betting via a phone call. Some of them are Aussie Rules, horse racing, NFL, NBA, soccer, tennis, and many others.
The markets available for each game are equally impressive. You will often see more than 100 of different options once you go to the list of betting markets covered by Bet365 Australia. All traditional markets are included, as well as some that you won’t find in many other places. Another huge advantage of the bookmaker is the low margin. You will often find the best odds available on the market at Bet365 Australia.
Additional features of the platform
One of the reasons Bet365 Australia is so successful is the long list of side features that improve the gambling experience immensely. Let’s take a look at them:
- Live phone betting: the Australian laws forbid live betting online, but you could still place a wager by calling an agent of Bet365
Under Australian law, we are required to inform you that Live Streaming on bet365 is exempt from Parts 3 and 4 of the Broadcasting Services (Online Content Service Provider Rules) 201.
- Live streaming: the bookmaker also gives you the chance to watch a lot of your favourite games live. The only condition is that you have funds in your account or have placed a wager in the past 24 hours. Under Australian law, we are required to inform you that Live Streaming on bet365 is exempt from Parts 3 and 4 of the Broadcasting Services (Online Content Service Provider Rules) 2018.
- Edit bet: another innovation that is not offered by many other sportsbooks. You can change your bets by adding, removing, and swapping selections.
Bonuses and promotions
The laws in Australia are a bit complicated and they vary in the different regions of the country. This is why not all players can enjoy a first deposit bonus. Still, Bet365 Australia made sure to include various ongoing and exclusive promotions. You will see accumulators boosts, moneybacks, and other offers available for most of the popular sports. Bonus Code details and terms are here.
Bet365 mobile betting
If you like betting on the go, Bet365 Australia is certainly a great choice. The operator offers native apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. The website of the bookmaker is also responsive and works well on all popular brands of phones and tablets. No matter what you pick, there’s a clean design and simple user interface. It allows you to quickly find what you’re looking for.
More importantly, the full betting coupon and all features of Bet365 Australia are available. You can place a wager on any marker or take advantage of stuff like live streaming and Cash Out.
Palmerbet is a local Australian bookmaker that went online in the middle of 2013. It has proven to be one of the best places for Aussie punters for a number of reasons.
Betting coupon and odds
As you would expect from an Australian bookmaker, the betting coupon is a mix of local events and the most popular sports from all across the globe. You will see Aussie Rules, horse racing, the English Premier League and other popular soccer competitions, KFL, NFL, NBA, MLB, tennis and much more. It’s safe to say you almost certainly find the event you want and place a wager before it starts. For in-play bets, you will have to call Palmerbet because the local rules do not accept live betting on the internet.
A closer look at the markets offered by Palmerbet shows a decent number of options. Not quite as big as some of the other bookies on the Australian market, but still, all popular choices are covered. The margin of the sportsbook is also solid. It depends on the event, but for the mainstream games, it revolves around the 7-8% mark.
Additional features of the platforms: Place A Bet Online In Seconds
Palmerbet is always trying to add some new and exciting features that improve the gambling experience of the Australian players. A good example of that is BetBook. It’s a social platform that allows players to log with their Facebook accounts and interact with other punters. They can share their bets, discuss games, and other interesting stuff. It adds some social element to the whole experience.
Another feature is the Quick Multis. It’s designed to help people who love parlays place them quicker. The sports and leagues are displayed with quick links, so you can easily select multiple markets at the same time.
Betting on the go is a must for any serious bookmaker nowadays. Palmerbet is not an exception and offers the following options to its players:
- iPhone app: if you own an iPhone, you can go to the iOS App Store and download the native app of Palmerbet. It includes pretty much all features of the platform;
- Android app:the bookmaker also has a native app for Android phones. Simply download and install it from the website of Palmerbet if you want to have access to the full betting coupon of the sportsbook;
- iPad app: another native application designed to enable iPad owners to place bets on the go;
- Mobile responsive website: if you don’t to download an app or simply have another device like Windows Phone, for example, you can still use the services of Palmerbet. Simply open the responsive website of the bookmaker and you will be able to use pretty much any feature of the platform including betting, support, payments, promotions, and more.
Unibet is one of the largest European gambling operators on the market. It has its own version for Australian players and offers a top-notch service which is the reason we included it in this list.
Betting coupon and odds
Australian punters will be glad to see the list of sports and events offered by the Unibet version for the local market. All popular sports and events from Australia and the world are part of it. You can bet on soccer, basketball, Aussie Rules, NFL, NBA, and many more. The list of markets is also impressive and not many bookmakers can compete with Unibet Australia. It’s interesting that the company has found a way to offer live betting to its customers, despite the legal restrictions. You still have to use your phone, but the system is automated so the process is simplified in comparison to the competition.
When it comes to the betting margin set by Unibet, it’scertainly above the average you will find on the market. It’s especially good for popular events and markets, where it could drop to 6% occasionally.
Additional features of the platform
Unibet Australia has a long list of useful feature that will make your experience even better:
- Unibet Streak: you could compete for some extra prizes completely free with this Unibet Australia game. Simply get the longest streak possible and if you happen to be the player with the month’s longest winning streak, you win the Top Prize. You could also invite friends to your own Streak League. If you gather 10 or more, there will be some additional rewards for the winners;
- The Expert Edge: stats are crucial when it comes to sports betting and this is where The Expert Edge could give you a boost. This section of Unibet Australia contains plenty of useful data that could help you place more successful bets in the long run;
- Live streaming: Unibet Australia is one of the few operators on the market that provide live streaming of various sports. You can watch soccer, tennis, basketball, and many other popular sports. The only condition is that you have money in your account;
- Cash Out: this popular feature allows you to settle a wager before the event is finished. It’s a nice tool to cope with the variation by taking your profit instantly or cutting the losses if things are not going well. Unibet Australia offers various promotions. See site for more details.
Unibet Australia made sure to provide its players the chance to play on the move. The full betting coupon and all features of the betting platform are available. You could either install the native iOS/Android app or go to the mobile-responsive website of the bookie. In both cases, you will find simple navigation, clean design, and all of the sections offered on desktop.
Pointsbet was launched in 2017 and is one of the newest players on the market. This shouldn’t make you worried, though, as the company has a proper license and partnership deals with the Australian Football League, Australian Rugby Union, National Rugby League, Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, and Football Federation Australia.
The interesting thing about Pointsbet is that it’s not a traditional bookie. It offers the so-called “matched betting”. This means you will be betting only on margins for a certain market. For example, you want to place a wager on an NBA game. You are given the chance to place a bet on team A -10 points. If this team wins by 12 points, you get your stake 2x because the return is multiplied by the margin that’s on top of the line you picked. The same logic applies to losses, but you can set a stop-loss to avoid disasters.
The options at Pointsbet are a bit limited compared to the traditional sportsbook, but you will still find plenty of events. The bookie offers horse and greyhound racing, Aussie rules, basketball, baseball, soccer, rugby, and other sports.
- Horse racing promos: horse racing is one of the priorities of Pointsbet and the bookie offers a bunch of options. Protest payouts and refunds if your horse finishes second are just some of the examples;
- Moneybacks: there are moneyback offers for the likes of NFL and other popular competitions. Simply check what’s available, as Pointsbet constantly picks new games.
Mobile version: Try Australia’s fast new betting app
There are two options if you want to play on the go. Android users can download the native Pointsbet app to their device. If you have a different phone or tablet, you could go for the web-app of the operator. Both work smoothly and offer all features of the Pointsbet platform.
Here are other Australian bookies we did not include but worth checking out: Ladbrokes.com.au, sportsbet.com.au, tab.com.au, williamhill.com.au, topbetta.com.au, crownbet.com.au, ubet.com
Last update : February 2020