Unibet sportsbook review NJ: Get our independent verdict
Check out all of the betting features in this Unibet USA sportsbook review.
- Unibet Review: Great Variety of Sports and Markets
- Unibet Review: Good Additional Features
- Our Honest Review of Unibet: Thrustworthy Site with Solid Reputation
Unibet Review: Great Variety of Sports and Markets
Unibet sportsbook has more than 20 sports markets available. They are among the leading bookmakers when it comes to detailed betting options and lines.
Since they are an extremely popular bookmaker in Europe, their focus tends to be on the soccer market. They offer anywhere from 30,000 to 40,000 lines in this market, with English Premier league topping at 3,500 lines. When they arrived to the US, North American sports received decent coverage but nowhere near the soccer market. As a comparison, NHL has slightly more than 1,000 betting lines, NBA around 300 and football less than a 100. It is important to note that these numbers are on a regular day of the week. The numbers can double or even triple when it is the height of the season. They are also one of few bookmakers that offer good betting options for more obscure and niche sports like cycling and darts.
Apart from their sportsbook, customers can also enjoy a good casino site. They offer live dealer games, slots and table games like poker, roulette, baccarat and blackjack. Unibet casino comes with over 300 slot games with major titles like Bonanza, Cleopatra, Divine Fortune, Gonzo’s Quest and many more.
Odds & Limits: Highly Competitive Odds and Low Betting Limits
Unibet offers slightly more competitive odds when compared to the competition. They go out of their way to secure thousands of betting options on each market, so odds and prices may fluctuate depending on the event in question. However, they are the leading bookmaker when it comes to headline odds. These extend beyond mainstream markets because they have a low betting margin. This means that both casual and serious bettors can find odds and prices tailored to their liking.
Depending on the sports market, minimum betting limits are set anywhere from $0.10 to $1. Payout limitations are capped at $1,000,000 but may vary depending on the specific sport, league and type of bet.
Available Promotions: Good Welcome Offer, But Few Other Bonuses
It has to be said that Unibet never goes wild with their promotions. They offer a welcome bonus to all new players and it consists of 2 x $10 free bet and a $250 risk-free bet. The free bets will be received immediately upon registration, while the risk-free bet requires making a deposit and placing a cash bet on minimum odds of -115 or greater. If the bet loses, you will receive a refund up to $250.
Promotions for existing players are as following:
- Weekly Parlay Boost – Unibet offers selected markets, games and events which will get a significant parlay boost, upping your winnings up to 30%.
- Daily Odds Boost – one of the stronger sides of Unibet are the daily boosted odds on various sports markets. Players should always check the Boosted Odds tab in order to check what sports are on offer that day.
- Profit Boost – increases winnings on selected games on offer. Maximum stake is $50.
- Prize Pool Contests – participate and get a chance to win $250,000 prize pool.
- Casino Cashback Bonus – get 10% cashback each week when you play Unibet casino games.
Look out for Unibet bonus codes where relevant.
Is there a cash out feature?
Cash out is called Cash-In on Unibet and it allows you to settle bets before the event is finished. It is available for certain events only, so be on the lookout for the Cash-In sign next to the event before placing a bet.
What is action betting?
Action betting is a place unique to Unibet where odds and bets occur at an extremely fast speed. It is exciting because you have to react quickly to the changing lines and types of bets. Winnings are paid out seconds after placing a bet.
Can I change or cancel a bet?
You cannot change or cancel a bet once it has been placed and processed.
Can I see my betting history?
Yes. You can find all of your current and past bets in the Sports lobby menu. It is located under My Bets tab.
When do I receive my winnings?
Bets at Unibet are settled as quickly as possible, but some events require an official confirmation before settlement takes place.
What is a Trixie?
When you select 3 events and place 4 bets, 3 doubles and 1 treble, it is called a Trixie.
What are the betting limits?
Minimum betting limit is capped at $0.10, but may vary depending on the event in question.
Is live stream available?
Unfortunately, there is no live streaming available in the US right now.
Unibet Review: Good Additional Features
Comfortable user Experience
Navigation on this online sportsbook is fairly easy with all features available on the front page. You can place bets, see promotions and enjoy live in-play betting with a detailed schedule. The site is very responsive and the green/white background provides enough contrast for clearly visible tabs and menus.
Live in-play is available by clicking on a tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Unibet tries to cover as many games and events as possible in this section, but it feels lacking in comparison to some other bookmakers. They offer a nice schedule of all upcoming live events, which helps players plan their bets.
How to place in-play bets
When you select an event in live in-play, you’ll see the bet offers and odds. To place a bet, add your stake on the bet you want and confirm it. The bet will appear in your betslip. Live bets are usually settled seconds after you win it.
Simple and Straightforward Mobile App
The app is simple and straightforward. The front page is reserved for all popular sports, bets, live in-play, and promotions. Once you enter a certain market, you will be directed to additional betting options. The app is user-friendly and runs smoothly across all mobile devices. It offers a customizable bet notification feature which alerts you once the bet is settled.
- Live in-play at Unibet is not incredibly detailed, but offers plenty of fun and betting lines. The schedule is extremely well-designed and you can see all ongoing and upcoming live games and events. The feature is easy to use and allows punters to tailor bets as they like.
- Bet notification is very useful when you are pre-occupied and don’t have the time to check the sportsbook often. It is customizable to alert you of any upcoming bets of your interest.
- Cash out is a valuable feature which allows you to save your bet before the match is finished. If the bet is going the wrong way, you can cut your losses and save some money.
- Action betting is fun because it brings a new aspect to online sports betting. Odds and lines are changed quickly and punters have to react fast in order to win a bet. Payouts are processed within seconds of a won bet.
- Variety of sports markets and betting lines is Unibet’s biggest strength. Players can enjoy everything, from soccer to football, baseball, basketball, boxing, ice hockey, golf and many more. Lines within each market are numerous and well-suited for casual and experienced punters alike.
Pros & Cons
- High and excellent headline odds
- Low betting limits
- Over 20 sports markets
- Good and straightforward welcome offer
- Few promotions for existing players
- Fees may be applied upon withdrawal of funds
- No loyalty scheme which is very popular in the US
- Some casino games may not be available on mobile app
Our Honest Review of Unibet: Thrustworthy Site with Solid Reputation
Unibet Interactive is a company with over two decades in online sports betting. Their reputation is solid, and the site is definitely trustworthy. It is among the best ones when it comes to the variety of gambling products, sports markets, betting lines, and options. Their welcome offer is appealing and above average, but they lack promotions and bonuses for existing players. The mobile app is functional and comes with all the important features necessary for good betting experience.
Unfortunately, Unibet lacks any live streaming option. It is available in Europe though, so we may expect development in the US as well. Live betting is good, but it falls short when it comes to detailed graphics and data analysis some other bookmakers have.
All in all, we definitely recommend Unibet to all casual and experienced players in the US.