Sports Betting Explained & Top Bookies Oct 2021
21+ | Commercial Content | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
In this article, we will briefly guide you through the concepts of sports betting. First, we will look at the basics of sports betting, the difference between single bets and multi-bets, as well as the difference between decimal odds and fractional odds. Then we will go through the many different sports that players can place bets on. There are sure to be some unexpected sports! Third, we will present three great platforms for sports betting and briefly list their great offers and bonuses. Keep on reading and you will learn a lot about sports betting in no time!
|Top US Sportsbooks||Bonus Code 2021||Link to Welcome Bonus|
| 1. DRAFTKINGS
||None required||GET WELCOME BONUS|
| 2. FANDUEL
||None required||GET WELCOME BONUS|
| 3. BETMGM
||WABPLAY||GET WELCOME BONUS|
| 4. BET365
||USBET||GET WELCOME BONUS|
| 5. WILLIAM HILL
||USBETRF (NJ/CO/WV/IN/MI/IA/TN)||GET WELCOME BONUS|
| 6. UNIBET
||None required||GET WELCOME BONUS|
So, what is sports betting?
Sports betting can be equated to a one-on-one duel between the player and the platform. The platform puts up a bet at set odds and players can then choose to bet against these odds. If the player is correct, then he can collect his winnings. If he is not correct, then the platform keeps the stake initially placed.
Single Bets and Multi Bets
Players are often able to place either single bets or multi bets. So what is the difference between these two? Single-bets are bets placed with a single bet – for instance whether or not a team wins a match. A multi bet is a bet that consists of many single bets and for this bet to win, all of the single bets have to be won as well. The odds are usually much greater on these types of bets, so multi-bets are preferred by most sport betters. It also makes it possible to make all of the matches in a season or several matches exciting!
Quick guide: Decimals and Fractional Odds
Another difference players will experience between the many different platforms is whether or not the odds are displayed as Decimal or as Fractional odds. For fractional odds, the displayed odds do not include the initial stake and as such only displays the actual winnings. Decimal odds, on the other hand, show the winnings included the initial stake. Often players can choose how they want the odds presented, but it is still important to know the difference between the two.
What can I bet on?
The amount of sports that are available for sports betting seems to grow year by year. There are many newer sports and even e-sports can be found on many newer platforms! Players can find all the most popular sport such as football, American football, hockey, Australian Rules, Horse Racing, Handball and any other sport you might be able to think of! Players can, of course, play on the outcome of the matches, but players can also bet on other aspects of the match. This includes betting options such as:
- Who scores the first goal?
- Will the match run in overtime?
- Will the match be decided by a penalty shootout?
- Which player will score the most goals?
And this is just a small snippet of the many great betting add-ons players can bet on. Players are also able to perform live-odds and are offered great odds that reflect how a match is played out. This makes watching a match potentially very profitable. Grab the chances when they are there!
What are the benefits of using an online betting platform to bet on sports?
Players have access to the thousands of sports events that take place each year and as with everything, technology makes the process much simpler! Players can in a matter of moments sign up for a new account, deposit funds and start betting! It does not get much easier than that, does it? Players also have all the statistics available online to be able to make more information-based decisions. The fact that players can impose a deposit limit on their account is also great and it helps support responsible gambling!
Should I just stick to one sport when I do bet on sports?
The world of sports betting is very exciting and there are many betting opportunities around every corner. We do advise players to stick to one sport and to familiarize themselves with the different terms and conditions for the odds and this sport. This will make it easier to ease into betting on other sports eventually.
Platforms for Sports Betting
Top BookMakers to Consider
There are many great platforms to choose from. We have selected some of the very best below and written a bit about what each of them has to offer brand new players! Keep on reading! Your new platform is waiting for you to sign up!
DraftKings is the best website for fantasy sports betting. If you are more into betting on fantasy sports, then this is the platform for you! Players can also find other types of sports to bet on as well and the many great bonuses and promotions are worth taking an extra look at. Players can right now get a matching welcome bonus of up to $500, which is worth taking advantage of. For more information on the promotions terms and conditions, visit DraftKings to uncover all the required information. Here is a list of some of the contests offered by DraftsKings:
- GPP (Guaranteed Prize Pool) Contests – GPP’s are contests that payout the entire prize pool, regardless whether the contest fills or not.
- User-Generated Contests- User Generated contests will close automatically if they do not fill to capacity. Entry fees will automatically be refunded if contests are canceled.
- Head-to-Head- Winner takes all in these one-on-one contests.
- 50/50’s – Teams finishing in the top half of the field win cash no matter the number of entries.
- Double-Ups- The teams that place in a prize paying position for these contests will double their entry fee.
- Qualifier Contests – Win tickets that can be used for free entry into a higher stakes contest
- Multipliers- Great way for a bankroll boost! Win 3x TO 10x your entry fee in these contests.
- Steps- Advance at each step by winning a ticket to the next level. Jump in at Step 1 for just $2.00 and work your way to Step 4 to win cash!
- Beginner- Beginner contests are contests open to users who, at the time of contest entry, have not entered more than 50 contests or earned an experience badge.
- Casual – Casual contests are contests open to users who, at the time of contest entry, have not earned an experience badge.
- Free Contests – These contests are free to enter and any winnings will be paid with Entry Tickets or DraftKings Dollars
This platform is the perfect platform for any horse racing enthusiast. TwinSpires has the biggest selection of horse racing sports betting! It is definitely worth a visit and for new players, there is a FREE bonus money bonus of up to $100 when they make a deposit to their account. As an extra bonus, most of the horse races are live-streamed and make it possible for players to live-odds as well. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to obtain your free account with TwinSpires:
- First, check the offers page to verify whether TwisSpires is running a promotion for a sign-up bonus or offer.
- If not interested in an offer, simply go to the TwinSpires registration page.
- Enter your personal information (you will be asked for several pieces of information to verify you are over 18 in age and reside in a state where horse racing bets are legal)
- Your name and email
- Your contact information
- Account information creation
Unibet is a great platform when it comes to sports betting and while it focuses much on the world of football betting, the platform virtually has all the sports you would ever want to bet on. This also includes virtual sports that are sports simulated throughout the day and a variety of different eSports to bet on! Right now new players can get a $25 RISK-FREE bet as well as 100% matching deposit bonus! You can make use of our Unibet US promo code, to benefit from the latest offers. The creation of a Unibet Account includes:
- An individual cannot participate in a game for money unless that individual is an Account Holder. To be registered as a player, an individual must submit an application for registration and provide at least the following information:
- date of birth (showing that the player is over eighteen (18) years of age);
- player’s first and last name;
- player’s place of residence;
- player’s valid email address; and
- a username and a password
18+ Play Responsibly.