Melbourne Cup 2020 Predictions & Betting Tips
18+ | Don’t let the game play you | Stay in control. Gamble responsibly | Gamblinghelponline.org.au
We bring you a heady list of predictions surrounding the illustrious Melbourne Cup 2020.
|Top Australian Betting Sites||Registration Link|
||REGISTER HERE >|
||USE CODE STAR >|
||REGISTER HERE >|
||REGISTER HERE >|
The following specials and registration links are not aimed at North-South Wales players in tune with the new regulation. The players from the NSW region are not eligible for the same.
Melbourne Cup 2020 Betting: Top Operators to Pick
- Melbourne Cup 2020 Betting: Top Operators to Pick
- How To Bet On The Melbourne Cup
- Melbourne Cup 2020 Tips: Favorites to Win
- Most common bets of Melbourne Cup 2020 predictions
- Melbourne Cup 2020 Predictions FAQs
- Our Final Words
Bet365 leads a great interface and if you’re a horse racing enthusiast, then this is the right place to be. Get access to your own detailed runway showcasing a vast mix of all the latest races. What will help you in making winning bets is an analysis of past results and you can easily look through previous results for each horse and rewatch the last runs of the horses. If you’re a member of Bet365, rest assured you don’t have to pay any additional fees and can skip past to get to the final moments. You can use the Multi-bet option to collectively hold your bets and see it appear on the right-hand side of your screen.
Neds offers great betting options. As the cool kid in betting town, Neds offers its own customized “toolbox” for punters in the form of unique bets.
Ladbrokes is another great betting platform that offers great live streaming of the racecourses. How is that for beginner’s luck? Multiple screen viewing also lets you watch live scores. Trebles, daily doubles and exotic betting (trifecta and more) are the different betting markets you can look forward to.
Create your account with Unibet now and don’t miss out on amazing options, especially if you’re a fan of horse racing. Head over to the horse racing section which presents a great mixture of live races as well as betting guides so you make the correct wager. You can also use ‘Expert edge’ to get insights on live sports events. The interactive speed maps are another great feature that let you point on any thoroughbred horse on the map to check their progress.
Beteasy is another platform to bet on. With a dedicated section to horse racing, you will be spoilt for choice. The Racing multi window gives you a complete viewing of the different bets while side windows also reveal the live scores and minutes remaining. The 2017 Melbourne cup saw a staggering 850 million bets being placed on the website, offering enough proof why this bookmaker site is one of the best. The number of bets you can place are numerous including win, place, quinella, exacta, trifecta, First 4, doubles, trebles, quaddies and multi bets.
How To Bet On The Melbourne Cup
The Melbourne Cup conducted by the Victoria Racing Club offers similar betting options as major races like the Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup and the Grand National. As per several bookmakers, the odds on horse breed Cross Country to win was 13/1. Cross Country managed to win at an odds of 8/1. The way betting sites go about waging prices on horses is by adding a price tag to each of the 24 running horses. For example if a horse is valued at AS$5 for every bet made, your final winning will be multiplied by 5. The best way to place your bets is by following all the past races with a grand fervency and drawing your own analysis. The win bet is the most difficult as you need to bet on the horse to win the race. To get started, we have broken down the basic rules and you can check out the following bets:
- Each-way bet: Quite a popular Melbourne Cup wager, the each-way bet works by having you back a horse to win the first position or place in a particular standing which can go to the 4th spot. Certain bookmakers offer the 5th and 6th bets as well. So, if your wagered horse wins, you will get a return on both the place part and the winning part of the bet. If you make the right guess on the place won by the horse, you will get cash returns on the place bet only.
- Forecast: For you to win, you need to pick which two horses in the race will finish 1st and 2nd. The best bit is that it works in the reverse order as well. You can also pick the Trifecta bet which means the first 3 horses to win, or first 4 horses to win in a superfecta bet.
- Tote betting is an exciting betting opportunity. It refers to a cumulative pool where different betters put in their bets, and share the winning percentage. Tote betting is a unique kind of odds betting. The two types of odds include tote odds and fixed odds. Tote betting means that odds are tabulated based on the total number of bets valid up a certain period. You need to be careful as there could be many fluctuations leading up to the Melbourne cup. You will likely have a bigger share in case lesser people betted on your selected horse.
Melbourne Cup 2020 Tips: Favorites to Win
Who will win the Melbourne Cup 2020?
The most favoured to win the Melbourne Cup goes to the last year’s winner – Vow and Declare trained by Dany O’Brien with the jockey Craig Williams. The second next likely horse to win would be Cross Country, trained by Charlie Appleby and ridden by jockey Kerrin McAvoy that won the Melbourne Cup in 2018, going for an enormous sprint outside of the trick and then making a massive one-length jump to win. Cross Counter also has a good record in other club competitions that include the Dubai Cup, featuring a race of 3200 meters. Making a stellar appearance at the elite Ascot cup as well by coming in the 4th place, this lightly-raced horse is a likely candidate to win! On the downside, it is extremely difficult for a horse to win twice in less than a span of two years.
Last year’s 2019 winner was Vow and Pick, steered by Danny O’Brien. Prince of Arran came in second. British import Mustajeer is another horse creating quite a zesty heat map on the betting charts, having won a brilliant four of his 19 starts for trainer Ger Lyons, the biggest win at the sophisticated and elite Ebor Handicap race covering 2787 meters. Besides making head-turning impressions at elite competitions, this majestic breed shows off superb ground strength, relaxed body movement and a robust turn-of-foot.
Our Pick: Best Operator
Bet365 has a leg in the betting game for a long time, we can surely see that from its massive following of players on the betting website. Besides the main website and a dedicated mobile application, they also have a micro-website that lets you examine betting guides, instructions on making bets and how to keep your account protected. With live streaming features and a leaderboard showing live results as they happen, you are always in the same league as the horse races. Bet365 offers a wide range of markets like Trebles, Quaddies, Exotic, Win and Place bets and Daily doubles.
Melbourne Cup 2020 Tips: Underdogs
- Nakeeta, a British-bred horse trained in Scotland shares a taste for the glory of the Melbourne cup having snagged the 5th place in the 2017 competition. Nakeeta also won the richest horse race in Europe- the Ebor crown in 2017. The last two years have not seen much of the breed at competitions, but 2020 could be his year?
- Youngstar- Quite a prominent name owing to bold performances at Queensland Oaks and the Queensland Derby, this Chris Waller trained 51-kg breed is a rising young star, and one the figure to look forward to while you’re placing your bets.
Most common bets of Melbourne Cup 2020 predictions
Melbourne Cup Special Bets
- First Four: As its name suggests, you make bets by choosing horses to go in the first, second, third and fourth spots. It has to follow the exact order as you have decided for you to win the bet. Pick more than one horse for each place. To make this bet you need to have a complete understanding of all the horse breeds competing in the racing contest and past results.
- Flexi-betting: You decide on amount of spending, to finally receive a percentage of the dividend as opposed to the full amount. This can be used with four and quaddie bets, by adding more selections, for more chances of winning bets at the Melbourne Cup.
- Best Tote Betting: Betting platform Sportsbet’s Top Tote offers the best price here. So, if the highest odds on the Melbourne Cup winner were available from another national level betting platform, you will receive those odds even if you’re not registered there. Punters are paid dividends decided by three national totes, to be awarded the greatest of the three prices. VIC TAB, NSW TAB and, UBet, all run mutual betting pools for one similar horse race.
- Futures Betting: You can bet on the Melbourne Cup months in advance using this bet.
Our Top 3 bets to choose:
Quinella Bet: Quite an easy bet, you can place a wager on horses to win and be placed second. There are several options you can play around with to increase your overall chances of ending with a win. You can pick the horse you think will finish in the first spot along with three more horses for the second spot. Pick four horses for the first or second place. Of course, the problem being that the returns could fall by adding more horses to the betting mix.
Exacta Bet: As the name suggests, the way an Exacta bet works is that you have to first pick horses you think will finish first and second. However, you need to predict the exact order of places that the horses must finish in. This kind of bet also allows you to pick more number of the horses for each spot and create more chances of winning.
Trifecta Bet: Trifecta is another kind of bet where you guess the finishing order of the horses to win for the first three sports. And the order must be exact, so this kind of a bet is a quite tricky and is good for those betters who have a good understanding of the betting market and the races over the years.
Melbourne Cup 2020 Predictions FAQs
- When will the Melbourne Cup 2020 take place?
The prestigious, most watched Melbourne Cup 2020 will take place on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 on the Flemington Racecourse.
- How many horses participate in the Melbourne Cup 2020?
For safety reasons, the maximum number of participating horses is 24.
- How to bet on Melbourne Cup 2020?
You can start off by visiting different betting websites like Bet365, Neds, Betfair that make it quite clear on the different betting options and odd/even results showing past scorecards, live games and so much more. Log in by creating your account, deposit an amount that is less than AS$10, and place your bets.
- What are the best betting sites to bet on on Melbourne Cup 2020?
Some of the best betting websites that feature good offers include Beteasy.au, Betfair.au, Neds.au, Ladbrokes.au and Unibet.au.
- Are there any free bets for the Melbourne Cup 2020?
Non-Australian residents may be able to obtain free bets on their local sites. But Australian facing operators are not allowed to offer inducements such as Melbourne Cup free bets.
- Where is the Melbourne Cup 2020?
It is played out in Melbourne at the Flemington racecourse, featuring 24 horses and a distance of 3200 meters.
- How can the Melbourne Cup race be streamed online?
As soon as you sign up on the bookmaker websites, you can avail of the live streaming facility. You may be required to place a bet in order to have this option.
Our Final Words
The Melbourne Cup or ‘the race that stops a nation’ is a pompous and rich show of majestic horses, power play, grit, dynamism, champagne, fancy Trilby hats and much more. The 2020 edition brings with it the promise of a competitive race, bouyed by a colorful carnival of celebrations. The race over a course of 3200 meters is a quite special event. While the $8 million Lexus Melbourne Cup prize winning is the main showstopper, the party of dazzling bets from the different websites is also on our minds. In the past, the race has drawn winners from countries like Australia, Japan, Germany, and England. Who will take all the gold this time? As the largest betting event and most awaited horse race in Australia, you really don’t want to miss out!