Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review Guide and Tips
Learn about Michigan Lottery’s Mega Millions jackpot game in this extensive review.
- Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: How do we play Mega Millions?
- Frequently Asked Questions by New and Existing Customers
- Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: Other Interesting Features
- Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: Our Sentiment
Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: How do we play Mega Millions?
Mega Millions is a Draw Game that can be played online and in-store. Wherever you wish to play, you have to choose five white ball numbers from one to seventy and one golden Mega Ball number from one to twenty-five. I will explain in steps how to play both versions below:
- When playing online, you have a few choices on how you want to purchase “Mega Millions” tickets.
- You can let the computer randomly pick numbers for you and just choose how many tickets you wish to buy. You can choose from three tickets ($6), five tickets ($10), or ten tickets ($20). This option is also called the “Easy Pick” option.
- The second buying option you can choose from is “Combo My Numbers.” This choice allows you to select from six to ten white ball numbers and one gold Mega Ball number, and the computer will generate every number combination possible with your picks.
- The third method is the old-fashioned “Pick My Numbers.” Here you just pick the white ball and gold ball numbers yourself.
- The final option before you is “Use Favorite Purchase,” which allows you to pick a set of pre-saved numbers from your account. You can see your Favorite Purchases numbers the Account menu, under Draw Games.
- There is another way to increase your non-jackpot winnings – if you select the Megaplier. You can raise them by 2X, 3X, 4X, or 5X, but the increase will cost you an extra dollar. You can play in up to thirty consecutive draws with the same payslip. The last step is to review your Shopping Cart, and if you are satisfied with your purchase, move on to payment and wait for the drawing.
This option has a few fewer steps. You only need to pick a retailer, go there and buy a payslip. You can either manually pick your white and gold ball numbers or mark the “Easy Pick” option, and they will be selected for you. Next, you have to choose how many consecutive draws you wish to participate and whether or not you want to use a Megaplier, which will increase your non-jackpot rewards by 2X, 3X, 4X, or 5X. Turn in your payslip and receive your ticket. All you have to do then is wait for your drawing or check the numbers online.
Michigan Lottery “Mega Millions” Rules and Claiming Jackpot Prizes
There are a few rules we have to keep in mind when buying tickets. I will list some of the most important terms and conditions:
- When you purchase a ticket, you automatically accept all the terms and conditions of the game, and you are subject to federal and state law. The terms and conditions may be changed by any time, and the Lottery isn’t required to warn you of the changes. Also, other individual rules and regulations may apply depending on where you play or which game it is. You are required to review any terms, conditions, or procedures relating to the game you play.
- To buy tickets online or at a retailer, you have to be at least eighteen years old, a resident of Michigan, and be inside its state borders during the purchase. If you don’t follow this rule, your ticket may be declared invalid.
- If you win a prize, you can select one of two payment options – cash or annuity. It’s straightforward if you pick cash, you get your reward all at once, but if you chose the second option, you would get it in thirty payments. You have to choose which option you wish within six days. If you don’t make a choice, then the annuity option will be automatically implemented.
- To claim a prize, you have to file a claim form first if the amount is over $600. You will also receive a W2-G form for your taxes. If the prize amount is over $50,000, then you will have to pick it up at the Lottery headquarters in Lansing personally.
- Because of Michigan state laws, if you owe a debt and you win more than $1,000, then the sum will first go toward paying the debt, and if any of it is left, you will receive it. The Lottery will also withhold all required federal and state taxes before they issue your payment.
Prizes, Drawings, and Other Important Details
When you go to the website and visit the Mega Millions game page, you will find a lot of information. I will summarize it for you:
- Tickets cost $2 without the Megaplier
- You can play the game in Michigan and other forty-four states
- The starting jackpot is $40 million, and it will increase until someone wins it
- Now the jackpot is estimated to be $65 million
- You can play Mega Millions both online and in-store
- The drawings will occur each Friday and Tuesday at 11 PM
- You can purchase tickets for the night’s draw until 9:45 PM in both the online store and at retailers
- The odds for every game including Mega Millions are on the page with the game information
- The current odds of winning the big jackpot are one in 302,575,350
- You can also see the Michigan Lottery Mega Millions winners on this page
Michigan Lottery “Mega Millions” Bonuses and Offers
The Michigan Lottery Mega Millions numbers are unpredictable. That’s why the Lottery decided to help you out in the beginning. They offer an exciting welcome offer for their new clients. If you sign-in with the unique Promo Code, you will get free games of Treetop Treasures and a 50% match bonus. You will receive your reward after you finish your first deposit and play one or more Instant or Draw games.
Frequently Asked Questions by New and Existing Customers
Q: What are my payment options?
A: You can deposit via bank transfer, credit/debit card, or PayPal, but if you want to use the e-wallet option for withdrawals, you need to deposit with it first.
Q: Is Michigan Lottery secure and my information safe?
A: Yes, they are. MI Lottery uses high-level encryption to secure their servers and implement multiple safety procedures to protect your privacy and information.
Q: If my account got suspended for inactivity, how do I get it back, or do I need a new one?
A: You won’t need a new account. Contact the Support Center via e-mail or phone and ask them to reactivate your old account. The same goes if you forgot your password or username.
Q: How long does it take to withdraw my funds?
A: That depends on whether or not you confirm your identity and payment method beforehand and which option are you using to make the withdrawal request. It can take up to two days to process your identity confirmation, but aside from that, bank accounts take three to five days before you receive your funds while e-wallets only twenty-four hours.
Q: How long can I self-exclude myself?
A: You can activate the self-exclusion feature for:
- One week
- One month
- Three months
- Six months
- One year
- Two years
Q: How long before my account gets closed for inactivity?
A: Typically, if as of March 31st the current year you were inactive for three years, your account will be closed. But remember, you can always activate it back later through Customer Support.
Q: Can I set my notification preferences after I registered but changed my mind about them?
A: Yes, you can. Go to account>Tools>Preferences and set your new settings.
Q: What does the “Tax Reported Prizes” tool do?
A: With the help of this tool, you can quickly review, claim, and report your tax winnings. You can use the app to access this feature, as well.
Q: Why does the app require me to turn on my location services?
A: Due to location restrictions, you can only use the full app within Michigan state borders. If you are outside, you may only use several features.
Q: If I won a prize up to $50,000, where can I claim it?
A: You can claim all in-store rewards below $50,000 and above $600 at any Bank Claim Center, Lottery Regional office, or a participating Secretary of State branch. If you won an online prize, you would receive your winnings to your account balance, and you can withdraw them at any time.
Q: Why didn’t I receive the full amount of my prize?
A: There are a few reasons this may happen. For example, you may owe debts in which case all winnings larger than $1,000 will go toward paying the debt first. Also, the Lottery withholds the taxes and fees automatically, so you don’t have to pay them yourself. To be sure, check in with Customer Support for your specific situation.
Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: Other Interesting Features
Average User Experience
Despite some setbacks and disappointments, I had a great experience on the site. The platform was easy-to-use, and I had no trouble finding my favorite game thanks to the extensive search options. I can live with the old-school website design if I don’t have to waste time looking for the games or links I need.
Mobile Application Review
The Michigan Lottery mobile app is user-friendly and straightforward. The design is not complicated, and that’s why it’s easy to find everything you are looking for fast.
There is an iOS version of the app which you can get in the App Store. It’s compatible with devices with iOS 10, at least. Many people complain that the app freezes or glitches, and online purchases are slow, but that is because the Michigan Lottery can’t update the app thanks to Apple’s new policies. If you experience problems, you should switch to the mobile site where you won’t have any issues.
Android users don’t have a choice when it comes to the fully-functioning mobile app. They will have to download it directly from the MI Lottery website, but to do that, they will have to turn on the option to download apps from “Unknown Resources” in the Settings menu. There is a Google Play version of the app, but it’s not the full one. That version only allows you to check winning numbers, finding retailers, and watching the live Keno drawings. If you want to access more of the mobile features, I suggest you download the full app.
The Lottery’s Greatest Features
The Lottery has many things to offer us, including some fantastic features. Some of the greatest are:
- Buying tickets for certain jackpot games online.
- Save our Favorite Purchases to use later.
- Deposit Limit and Self Exclusion.
- Easy-to-use Mobile App.
- Fast and reliable Ticket Scanner.
One of my favorite features is that online, and you can check the Michigan Lottery Mega Millions past results. That way I don’t have to be in front of the TV during the drawings.
MI Lottery Pros and Cons
|High amount jackpots||Not many promotions available|
|Many useful features||Slow mobile app|
|Second Chance games||Location restrictions|
|Ticket scanner without a required login||Old-fashioned design|
Michigan Lottery Mega Millions Review: Our Sentiment
The Michigan Lottery offers us much, but they also have a few cons to work out in the future. I liked their platform and how easy it was to use their account features such as Tax Reported Prizes and Secure Document Upload. Maybe something they could work on in the future is adding all 236 games to their online library and not only half of them. That way, people can play their favorite games online and from the app. When I mentioned the app, I have to say that iOS users won’t be happy if the Lottery doesn’t find a way to fix the glitching that happens because of the lack of updates, but the mobile site, in my opinion, is sufficient enough to replace the app. I think it’s cool that you can use the lite version of the app without registering because many people download it because of the ticket scanner or just to check today’s winning numbers. Overall, they are not perfect, but their games, especially Mega Millions, are worth trying despite some of the cons.