Illinois depicts a historical name in the lottery world. It was the first state in the US that legalized online lottery in 2012 and over the time, the lottery has grown to provide the players with tickets to some of the popular draw games like Powerball and Mega Millions. Below we take an in-depth look at Illinois Lottery. Check our Illinois Lottery Online Review!
- Lucky Day Lotto: Jackpots are drawn twice a day, every day – Get Up to $200,000
- Deal or No Deal: Win up to $100,000
- Deal or No Deal Second Chance: Win $1 MILLION
The Illinois Lottery $1 MILLION DEAL OR NO DEAL™ EXPERIENCE SECOND CHANCE PROMOTION ("Promotion") begins at 12:00 AM CT on May 7, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 31, 2020 (the "Promotion Period").
Additional t&c's apply.
Illinois Lottery Online Review: Welcome Offers & Bonuses
|Illinois Lottery Section||Offers (2020)||Illinois Lottery Online|
|Lucky Dat Lotto|| Jackpots are drawn twice a day, every day. |
Get Up to $200,000
|PLAY ON ILLINOIS LOTTERY ONLINE|
|Deal or No Deal||Win up to $100,000||PLAY ON ILLINOIS LOTTERY ONLINE|
|Deal or No Deal Second Chance||Win $1 MILLION||PLAY ON ILLINOIS LOTTERY ONLINE|
|Illinois Lottery App|| Purchase and Play Lottery Games |
Check Winning Numbers, Scan Tickets, and more
|DOWNLOAD ILLINOIS LOTTERY APP|
- 1 Illinois Lottery Online Review: Welcome Offers & Bonuses
- 2 Illinois Lottery Online Review by Game, Winning Numbers & App: A Closer Look
- 3 Our Review: More Games Needed
- 4 Top 3 Alternatives to Illinois Lottery
How to Register on the Site: A Step by Step Guide
For the creation of an account, a player will have to meet requirements set out and they include;
- Be at least 18-years-old
- Be physically located in Illinois
Once the requirements have been met, follow the steps below to successfully create an account;
- On the top-right of your page, click on the option ‘Register’
- Provide your account information which will include; Email Address, Password and choosing a Security Question
- Provide your personal information which will include; Name, Date of Birth and Gender
- Provide your contact information which will include; Number & Street, Apartment, City and Zip Code
- Check on the box provided to ascertain you have read and accepted the Illinois Lottery terms and conditions
- Complete the registration process by clicking the blue option ‘Register’
Bonuses for Each Product: Deal or no Deal?
Once you are an Illinois Lottery member, you will be eligible to be awarded prizes resulting from some of the promotions they have offered. However, at the time of writing this piece, the lottery had one offer and below we take a look;
- Deal or No Deal: For this promotion, every Illinois Lottery member will be eligible and on the Deal or No Deal website, a non-winning $5 ticket of Deal or No Deal will present an opportunity of a bonus game in Deal or No Deal. The prizes at stake are two; A trip to Orlando and a chance to win $0.01 up to $1,000,000
Bonus Terms: What You Should Know
For every promotion offered, it is subject to some terms and conditions and for the Deal or No Deal promotion, the following are some of the terms provided;
Deal or No Deal
- The promotional period is between May 7, 2020, to January 2, 2020
- Players must follow the link provided Illinois Lottery Link to participate
- Players will only have a maximum of 25 tickets for a day to make
- There will be eight-trip winners who will have a five-day, four-night trip to Orlando, Florida
- The cash prize will be won ranges from $0.01 to $1,000,000
- The trip prize winners will have their drawings done on August 17, 2020 (Four winners) and January 2, 2020 (Four winners)
- Prize winners shall have one chance each to participate in the cash prize
- A player can win only once during the promotion
- The age requirements to check in the Orlando, Florida hotel is 21-years-old
- A player will have the cash prize awarded within 21-days after coming from Orlando, Florida
FAQ: Key Information to Keep in Mind
The Frequently Asked Questions section is a very important section for every member. Through it, players get assistance on recurrent and relevant issues. Below we look at some of the questions players ask;
Q. Where can I play games?
- With Illinois Lottery, you can play the games from the retailer or online through the desktop, mobile browsers or through the dedicated mobile application compatible to phones and tablets.
Q. Can the tickets be bought beforehand at a retail location?
- It is possible to buy the tickets from the retail location beforehand. Powerball, Mega Millions and Lotto tickets can be bought and one can buy as high as 25 consecutive drawings. For the Pick 3 or Pick 4 tickets, one can purchase from a retailer 7-days prior.
Q. Where can I get the results and winning numbers?
- The winning numbers will be viewed from the dedicated application or the Result Page on the logged in page.
Q. What is the process of the transactions?
- The transactions will be carried out through the following modes; Visa/MasterCard, Discover Credit cards and other Debit Cards. With the transactions, any prize amounting below $600 will be accredited to your online account and those prizes amounting to over $600 but below $1,000,000, a player will be needed to fill a claim form and questionnaire and send it to their offices with the ticket attached. For the prizes that go above $1,000,000, players will need to call the office for assistance.
Illinois Lottery Online Review by Game, Winning Numbers & App: A Closer Look
Ergonomy: Friendly Platform
With Illinois Lottery, you are welcomed to a friendly platform that requires few seconds to figure out your action. The icons are given enough space and a player will not have to strain to pick an option. On to the fonts provided, they have given them in clarity and in impressive sizes. The trademark white color makes the interaction even more clear.
On to the language, the platform has offered an option of choosing between English and Spanish which is a welcome move. Additionally, they have gone further ahead to roll out a mobile platform and the catchy part is how well the website adapts to the screen resolution and fits in perfectly for every phone. There are many retailer shops provided all to the convenience of the players as tickets can be purchased easily. To the security status, the lottery has ensured that all the information shared is protected and no unauthorized access is allowed. Additionally, the players will be happy due to the effectiveness showed by the lottery. The effectiveness is built from the customer support team that has been given a lot of attention all to the benefit of the players. The various modes provided reflect how the issues are handled in the platform. Finally, the site will take accolades for the section it has provided to the players in a bid to explain to them how to play the games provided. However, there needs to be a lot done on several areas and some of them include the minimal number of games provided, the few restricted modes of payment provided and the promotions were given.
Illinois Lottery by Game: Lotto, Lucky Day and Many More
Our Illinois Lottery Online Review would be incomplete without a closer look at the games. On the arguably most important section of the lottery, Illinois lottery has surprisingly failed. With them, there is little to expect as they have six (6) games to offer. There is a lack of instant win scratch-off games as in the case of many lotteries operating in the US. There are only draw games provided but still, on it, popular titles are incorporated. We look at the games provided;
- Powerball – Jackpot starts at $79 Million and a ticket will cost you $2 and one can have as much as 8 draws
- Mega Millions – Jackpot starts at $45 Million and a ticket will cost you $2 and one can have as much as 8 draws
- Lotto – Jackpot starts at $4.25 Million and a ticket will cost you $1 and one can have as much as 12 draws
- Lucky Day Lotto – Jackpot starts at $650,000 and a ticket will cost you $1 and one can have a subscription of 7 days up to 12 months and one can play the draws at midday, evening or both
- Pick 3 – One can win up to $500 and a ticket will cost you $1. You can choose to play either from a straight match, back pair, box, front pair or straight/box. The subscription can be selected of either 7 days up to 12 months and the draws can be played at midday, evening or both.
- Pick 4 – One can win up to $5,000 and a ticket will cost you $. You can choose to play from straight, box, combo or straight/box. The subscription can be selected of either 7 days up to 12 months and the draws can be played at midday, evening or both.
Odds: What are the Winning Results?
For our Illinois Lottery Online Review, we also took a look at the odds. On the odds section, there are four jackpots offered with the major ones being Mega Million and Powerball. The higher the jackpot will translate to odds being given having a far possibility to win. In the case of Illinois Lottery, the odds of winning the Mega Million jackpot is 302,575,350 to 1 and on to the Powerball Jackpot is 200,000,000 to 1. The odds of winning the Lucky Day Lotto is 1 in 1,221,759. On the Pick 3 game, the odds of winning on a straight match is 1 in 1,000, on the box category, it is 1 in 167 and in pair, it is 1 in 100. (all in wagers of $1). On the Pick 4, the odds are as follows; on straight odds are 1 in 10,000 and on the box category, the odds of winning are 1 in 417.
Customer Service: Amongst the Best
The customer service will be lauded for being effective. To start with, the modes they have provided to the players are convenient and with the variety, an improvement on the handling of issues is realized. What’s more, there is a campaign on responsible gambling and they have gone a step further in giving out a number to reach in the case of addictions. They have also given tutorials on how to play the games they have provided on the platform and finally, they have ensured that the customer has an easy time while accessing the platform by providing a friendly website for everyone on board.
The customer support team that the lottery boasts is among the best. The players are promised of effectivity and quick access to the team. Before reaching the team, however, a player is advised to go through the FAQs page as many issues are addressed from the section and one can get the assistance from the page. Alternatively, you can reach them through the following modes;
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 1-800-252-1775 – Player Hotline, Complaint
1-844-207-7266 – Telecommunication Device for the Deaf/Text Telephone Yolk
1-844-806-8930 – Retailer Hotline
- Claim Centers – Addresses can be found here Claim Centers
- Counseling & Self Exclusion – 1-800-GAMBLER 1-800-426-2537
- Administrative Offices – 101 West Jefferson Street Springfield, IL 62702 (217) 524-6435
122 South Michigan Avenue, 19th Floor Chicago, IL 60603 (312) 793-3030
Banking Options: Improvements Needed
On this section, which is very important, the platform has for one provided popular modes however, they are not many as many players would expect. A point to note to the players is that for prizes not exceeding $600 will be accredited to the account and those exceeding $600 will be claimed through a form that will be mailed to their team. Those that will exceed $1 Million will be directly claimed from their offices. The following are the methods provided for deposit and withdrawals.
Deposits & Withdrawals
- Discover Credit
- Debit Cards
Illinois Lottery Official App & Mobile Site Optimization
Mobile Application: For our Illinois Lottery Online Review we downloaded the Illinois Lottery Official App. As earlier stated, the platform has a mobile platform rolled out to the players. To start with, the platform went a step further to launch a mobile application in which players can access the services more easily and at their own comfort. The application is available to Android users and iOS users. The application will have to be downloaded directly from the website for Android users and the iOS users can download from Apple Store.
With the application, a player can scan his/her tickets at ease and what’s more, the player can receive the lottery notifications directly. On the game section, the players can access the jackpots and participate for the hope of the prizes. Additionally, all the 6 games have been uploaded on the application. In the case a player wins the prizes below $600, it will be accredited to the account and the application can be used to access the prizes. The application is easy to use and every player needs have been incorporated in here. Finally, players can check the draw game results, view the game history and even manage the winnings and the limits.
Mobile Site: Alternatively, players can access the lottery services through their mobile phone browsers. The platform has identified the preferable ones being Chrome and Safari. With this platform, players will also access all games coupled up with the jackpot games. The players will also have the chance to download the application with the link provided. With the mobile site also, one can look for a retail shop that is close to him/her. The promotions can also be accessed and prizes can be expected thereafter. The account can be accessed from the mobile site and prizes below $600 can as well be withdrawn from the site’s side. The results can also be accessed from the site and finally, the player can change the language to either English or Spanish. It is not complicated and finding an option is not a struggle to any player. The fonts and icons have been put up in high-quality clarity which is commendable.
Our Review: More Games Needed
To start with, the lottery will take the accolades for being friendly to every user which has made interaction easier and has helped garner a following. The lottery will also be lauded for the effective customer service from the modes provided to how fast they help out the players. Additionally, they have ensured that players gamble responsibly by laying out measures like self-exclusion or placing limits on spending.
There is also the rolling out of the mobile platform which has seen players accessing the services at their own comfort with fewer hassles. In addition to that, there are a variety of retailers around and those who want to play their games on that side can as well access them in plenty.
However, the platform needs much to be improved and among the issues is the number of games. The number is not impressive with 6 games. Other rival lotteries have offered far much better than that. Another sector that needs improvement is in the payment section. The modes provided need additions and popular modes like PayPal which is famous in the US needs to find its way to the platform. Still, in the games section, there need to be an addition to the promotions offered.
Top 3 Alternatives to Illinois Lottery
This is one of the top lotteries in Michigan and with this one, players can expect a whole variety of games ranging from Draw Games, Keno Games, Instant, Second Chance, Fast Cash and Pull Tab. Players can have the ticket with as low as $0.05. The lottery will be lauded for the number of promotions it has given which includes free games but players will not be pleased with the FAQs page that is not comprehensive enough.
One of the top lotteries in Pennsylvania and in here, players are welcomed to a bonus of 100% up to $100 on the first deposit and on top of that, they are given a $5 Free Play. On the games section, the number is not pleasing which is one of the negatives but players can access some of the Keno games offered. However, on the payment section, players will be happy with the various methods provided which include; PayPal, ACH e-check, PayNearMe and more.
This one has its operations in Georgia and with this, new players are welcomed with 5 free instant games play on their first purchase online. The games provided on the site include Draw games like Powerball and Mega Millions. There are also Keno games offered. There are also scratch-off games offered and players will be pleased with the huge selection of games but will not love the instant game selection. The number is not impressive.
Illinois Lottery Online Review Valid Through: December 2020
Last update : January 2020
Last update : January 2020