2020 will be an important year for the United States, well, the world even! American and global citizens across the planet will tune in to the news of upcoming US elections. Will Donald Trump earn a second term as the President of the United States, or will Joe Biden take the lead? Will the Republicans rule or the Democrats get a chance? Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 will mark the next US presidential election, which gives punters around the world an exciting betting opportunity and to help you make a well-informed decision, here is the US Election Betting 2020 guide!
Disclaimer: Listed bookmakers are eligible only for Canadian citizens. Odds are given for information purpose only. Betting on Politics is not allowed in the US.
- 1 Top Playmakers that allow betting on politics, and accept Canadian Bettors
- 2 Which playmaker to go with?
Top Playmakers that allow betting on politics, and accept Canadian Bettors
There has been a rise of playmakers in the betting industry but few have managed to offer an avenue for politics betting. Below are the top three (3) playmakers that have offered the avenue in the US:
Bovada: Top-notch Bookmaker for Political Betting; Bitcoin Accepted
Launched in 2011, Bovada comes out as one of the top bookmakers that provide politics betting lines. The platform comes with more than just politics betting. The players can also get access to other sports, a casino, live casino, poker, and racebook section. Bovada has been touted as a platform with high integrity, is reliable and offers fast payouts to bettors.
On the politics side, Bovada has been lauded as a sportsbook that has offered several political lines. The odds have been provided in three different formats; American odds, Fractional odds, and Decimal odds. Bovada boasts of highly competitive odds on the politics section and this has been affected by the huge range of betting lines brought on board.
On the betting lines, Bovada offers different presidential election categories and at the time of writing this piece, Bovada had offered three (3) categories which included; US Presidential Election 2020 – Democratic Candidate, US Presidential Election 2020 – Winning Party, and US Presidential Election 2020 – Odds to Win. Bovada has also offered other betting lines such as mid-term elections. However, players from MD, NJ, NV, and DE cannot access the sportsbook.
New players who join the platform are welcomed with a deposit bonus. On the first sports deposit of a minimum $10, the player will be awarded a 50% bonus up to $250.
Aside from the welcome bonus, bettors can expect to find other bonuses such as:
- Refer a Friend – An existing player (referrer) can send a referral link to friends who after joining the platform using the link will be welcomed with up to $3,750 in bonuses and the referrer will be awarded a 200% bonus up to $100 on the referred friend’s first deposit. If the referred friend makes the deposit using bitcoin, the referrer gets an additional $25.
- Casino welcome bonus – New bettors must redeem the code ‘NEWWELCOME’ once they make the deposit and will be awarded a 100% bonus up to $1000. They can redeem the offer three (3) times.
- $500 Bitcoin Bonus – Bettors who redeem the code ‘BVSBITCOIN50’ while making a deposit using bitcoin will be awarded a 50% bonus up to $500.
Bovada stands out for incorporating Bitcoin alongside other popular payment methods, effective customer service, and many games.
BetOnline: Competitive Odds Offered and A Crypto Bonus
The 1991-launched BetOnline stands as another top playmaker providing election betting odds, especially on the much anticipated 2020 presidential election. BetOnline has also been touted as one bookmaker that meets the standards of integrity, reliability, and good betting experience.
The playmaker has offered different categories that players can bet on. They include; Sports, Casino, Live Casino, Racebook, Poker, and Esports. The election betting odds on the politics section have been highly competitive with different betting lines provided and updated daily depending on the occurrences. They have been offered in three formats (American, Fractional, and Decimal)
The 2020 presidential election has seen several election predictions made and with BetOnline, the following betting lines have been provided; Odds to Win the 2020 Presidential Election and Democratic Nominee.
New players on the platform are welcomed with a deposit bonus after redeeming the code ‘BOL1000’ where a bonus of 50% is awarded up to $1,000. Other main promotions offered include;
- 1st time Crypto Bonus – After redeeming the code ‘CRYPTO100’ while making the first cryptocurrency deposit of a minimum $20, a player will be awarded a 100% bonus up to $1,000
- Casino welcome bonus – A new bettor on the casino section will redeem the code ‘BOLCASINO’ and have his/her first three (3) deposits of a minimum $25 awarded a 100% bonus up to $1,000
- Poker welcome bonus – A new bettor on the Poker section will redeem the code ‘NEWBOL’ after making the first deposit where he/she will be awarded a 100% bonus.
BetOnline stands out for 24/7 customer support availability that has seen methods such as live chat, email, and phone support incorporated. The bookmaker has also provided various payment methods including Bitcoin.
BetNow: Limited Lines but Accepting Canadians Players
BetNow is another top playmaker with US election predictions. For BetNow, bettors can expect a legal platform that has been licensed and regulated by the Government of Curacao. Like the other playmakers on this piece, BetNow offers different categories that the players can place bets on. They include; Sports, Casino, and a Racebook.
In the politics section, the US 2020 presidential election odds have been offered in a fairly competitive manner with fewer betting lines provided. What’s more, the odds offered have been rigid with only American odds offered. This would prove to be a hassle for bettors who are not well acquainted with the American format.
At the time of writing this piece, BetNow had offered one betting line which was Odds to Win 2020 Presidential Election. Since this relies on the future, expectations are that with regular updates, the betting lines will increase.
A new player on the platform is welcomed to a deposit bonus where after redeeming the code ‘BN100’ BetNow will award a 100% bonus on the first deposit up to $500.
Other standout promotions include;
- Refer a Friend – A referrer will be awarded a 50% freeplay when the referred friend successfully joins the playmaker and has the same balance or more than the freeplay.
- Casino welcome bonus – A new bettor on the casino section will be welcomed with deposit bonuses on the first (3) deposits after redeeming the code ‘BNCASINO’. On a minimum deposit of $50, players will be awarded a 50% bonus up to $1,000 on the first three (3) deposits.
BetNow customer service gets a positive reaction from their 24/7 availability to the various methods of reaching the team which includes live chat, email, and phone support. On the payment section, what stands out as positive is the incorporation of Bitcoin as a mode of payment alongside Visa/MasterCard and Bank Transfer.
The Current Scenario
The next US presidential election is scheduled to happen on November 3rd, 2020. This is always a big event with many notable names getting on the race. Already, twenty-three (23) notable figures have enrolled on the race and as per the figures there are 20 Democrats and 3 Republicans.
- Michael Bennet Amy Klobuchar
- Joe Biden Wayne Messam
- Bill de Blasio Beto O’Rourke
- Cory Booker Tim Ryan
- Steve Bullock Bernie Sanders
- Pete Buttigieg Joe Sestak
- Julian Castro Tom Steyer
- John Delaney Elizabeth Warren
- Tulsi Gabbard Marianne Williamson
- Kamala Harris Andrew Yang
- Donald Trump
- Bill Weld
- Joe Walsh
Other candidates expected include Mike Pence, John Kasich, Nikki Haley on the Republicans section.
Donald Trump’s first term in office has not been short of critics from his shrewd way of managing the US business. He has been accused of attacking the intelligence community, undermining close allies who share ties with the US, cases of separation of children with their families, increased gun violence, among other cases.
However, despite the shortcomings, Trump 2020 odds of winning the 2020 presidential election remain in his favor. Bovada places Trump’s reelection odds at +110 (Bovada), +110 (BetOnline), and -185(BetNow) which is a huge gap from the next closest competitor. Chances are that without necessary changes soon on the competitors’ side, the gap may become bigger. On the track of odds since October 2018, Trump has always been the favorite with the odds falling sometimes short but no candidate has made a significant improvement in providing stiff competition. Elizabeth Warren is the Democratic frontrunner who brings more of a competition with her odds placed at +425 (Bovada), +400 (BetOnline), and +450 (BetNow).
Joe Biden is closer to Elizabeth and together with Kamala Harris, they are a competing force in the Democratic nomination. The 2020 election prediction on them becoming the next US president look as follows;
- Joe Biden – +500 (Bovada), +600 (BetOnline), and +450 (BetNow)
- Kamala Harris +1600 (Bovada), +2000 (BetOnline), and +450 (BetNow)
Another group of candidates to look forward to include former congressman Bernie Sanders and former tech executive Andrew Yang who have gained more ground recently. Their odds shape as follows;
- Bernie Sanders – +900 (Bovada), +900 (BetOnline), and +850 (BetNow)
- Andrew Yang – +2500 (Bovada), +1600 (BetOnline), and +1500 (BetNow)
The other participants’ presidential election odds shape up as follows;
|Bill de Blasio||+15000||+25000||–|
With the topmost parties expected to have nominations on the suitable candidate to go on the ballot. July 20th, 2020, is expected to be the date Democratic Party announces its nominee. Here are the odds on the Democratic Party nomination that has seen many participants show interest. The playmakers have picked the top 5 as follows;
On the net worth section, Beto O’Rourke takes the top spot with the former congressman worth $9 million. His net worth can be traced from the real estate investments with his wife being the daughter to one of the most influential developers in El Paso, Texas. He is followed closely by Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, and Joe Biden.
Bernie Sanders enjoys the hugest following on twitter amongst all the candidates at almost 9 million followers. And this has given him a platform to reach out to more US Democrats. He is followed closely by Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Beto O’Rourke.
The top race for the Democratic ticket is expected to be between Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden.
On to the Republican Party nomination on the candidate to field in the 2020 presidential election, many questions linger on the Trump’s reelection odds, trump resignation odds, and whether he might be facing impeachment. So what are Trump’s 2020 odds, and how about the other candidates?
August 24th, 2020, is the announcement date of the nominee. The playmakers have poised Mike Pence as one of the biggest threats for the ticket. His aspirations have been known for the longest time he has occupied leadership positions.
On the incumbent president’s side, he has enjoyed a rather quiet time in the recent few weeks and months and he has been holding steady to the favorite position according to BetOnline. November 7th, 2018, had Trump’s odds taking a positive angle from -300 to -350 and on April 18th, 2019, he took another major leap with his odds increasing to -750 and as of June 10th, 2019, Trump enjoyed an easy time with no major threat from the Republican party. Trump’s odds got to -800 as recently as late June and on July 17th, 2019, Trump took his odds further to an average of -900. As of August 29th, 2019, Trumps sat comfortably at odds of -10000 with Joe Walsh the only other person on the list at +2500.
On the net worth section, it comes as no surprise with Donald Trump leading the pack at $3.1 billion, Jamie Dimon comes second with a net worth of $1.4 billion and Ben Shapiro, Orrin Hatch, and Mike Pence coming further 3rd, 4th, and 5th, respectively, with net worth of $7 million, $4.3 million, and $2 million respectively.
On the twitter section, no one provides competition on Donald Trump who is known to fight his battles on twitter and addressing his controversies on his page. He has close to 55 million followers with Mike Pence and Ben Shapiro following at almost 10 million followers each.
With many controversies hitting Donald Trump and many leaders questioning his presidency, there has been the talk of impeaching him with Trump’s impeachment odds getting longer on November 6th, 2018, when his party got a narrow majority in the States Senate with only 51 seats.
The timeline to the talks is as follows;
- August 23rd, 2018 – Paul Manafort (campaign manager) and Michael Cohen (Trump lawyer), found guilty and likely to face jail time and this is dependent on them providing information that would help impeach Trump.
- November 14th, 2018 – US Midterm Elections see Democrats take control of the House of Representatives and are closer to impeaching Trump
- June 5th, 2019 – Despite calls from almost 60 Democrats calling for his ‘head’. Trump is likely to finish his term in office
- June 27th, 2019 – Trump’s impeachment odds go down with Trump claiming impeachment proceedings targeted to him will help him retain the seat.
Bovada places trump impeachment odds at +225 for (yes) and -350 for (no).
Other betting lines we expect to be provided going by other playmakers include; Winning Party, Next President Gender, and Nominee Forecast.
Useful Tips for Betting
A new player needs to know how the money lines work.
For trump odds winning the 2020 presidential election, he has odds of +110 which would mean when a player makes a $100 bet, if Trump wins the election, the player will win $110. If a candidate has been placed at -110, it means that a player must risk $110 for him/her to win $100.
Simple tips that a player should use while making a bet will include;
- Follow closely the candidate selection process and note the underdogs and the favorites to win.
- Always look at the underdog – Several upsets have been experienced with the recent ones being Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump where after the debates, the bookies favored Hillary Clinton
- Play with the odds – Backing candidates when the odds are long and when the odds are short, bet against them. In simpler terms, some scandals may bring up longer odds and it is not a surprise that some negative publicity brings the votes. This is always a risk but once you hit it right, bigger profits are expected.
- Have necessary information – Follow the political currents, debates, and campaigns to get a rough picture of the elections.
- Choose the best bet type – With the necessary information, find the best bet type. You might bet on the state primaries and caucuses, party winner, the gender of the president, and the US president.
Which playmaker to go with?
The three operators mentioned provide a different dimension in politics betting with Bovada and BetOnline giving out several betting lines. However, Bovada takes the top position in the different betting lines it has offered with BetOnline providing odds for many participants. On a negative note, BetNow provided one betting line and lacked the odds of several participants. BetOnline will take the first position in the provision of among the best odds which depict higher winnings than the other two.
On the bonuses front, Bovada takes the top position for the many high-value promotions it has offered to the bettors. However, BetOnline comes second majorly for the generous welcome bonus it offers to the new players with BetNow coming third majorly for lack of many promotions.