With its name known for Casino and Racetrack wagering, the Erie, PA located casino has for a long time boasted over 1600 Slots and over 40 Table Games. Coupled with the games, are the different dining and entertainment options that have seen many players opting and traveling to the casino for its services. This is our Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview!
- Welcome Offer Casino: TBA
- Welcome Offers Sportsbook: TBA
- First Deposit Bonus Casino: TBA
- Horse Racing Offer: TBA
Presque Isle Downs Online Casino is not yet available. Visit SugarHouse Casino instead.
21+ Responsible Gambling in the US.
Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview: Welcome Offers & Promotions
|Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Offers & Promotions||Offers (2019)||Presque Isle Downs Online Casino*|
|Welcome Offer Casino||TBA||GET PROMO CODE|
|Welcome Offers Sportsbook||TBA||GET PROMO CODE|
|Horse Racing||TBA||GET PROMO CODE|
|First Deposit Bonus||TBA||GET PROMO CODE|
*Please Note: Presque Isle Downs Online Casino is not yet available. Visit SugarHouse for a great alternative. The offers will be updated as soon as Presque Isle Online Casino is available.
- 1 Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview: Welcome Offers & Promotions
- 2 Presque Isle Downs Sportsbook Preview: A Specialist on Horse Racing
- 3 Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview: Slots, Poker & Table Games
- 4 Top 3 Alternatives
Presque Isle Downs Casino Background: 10 Interesting Facts
- The casino had its doors opened on Feb 28, 2007. The Casino would only house the Slots and the group behind its establishment was MTR Gaming Group.
- A thoroughbred track would later be launched 7 months later. It would come to be known as Presque Isle Downs which would replace the unsuccessful Erie Downs. This was on Sept 2, 2007.
- Three years later, 2010, Table games were added and so is the horseracing track that would come to be. All this was made possible by the fact that there was a law passed that authorized limited forms of casino gambling.
- In 2014, MTR Gaming Group would later team up with Eldorado Resorts, a Nevada-based casino. However, March 2018 saw the sale of Presque Isle Downs to the Kentucky-based company, Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI) for a sum of $229.5 Million. Bill Carstanjen, the CDI CEO, welcomed both properties (Presque Isle Downs & Eldorado Resorts to the CDI company and with the passed regulation in PA which approved the real money online gambling, the CEO said that Presque Isle Downs would be the casino that would give them a footing in PA.
- CDI has been powerful in the Casino industry and under their belt is a casino like TwinSpires.com
- A court ruling came by which overturned the law that had prohibited the US from betting on sports. It is here that CDI would announce of their partnership with SBTech to launch an online gambling site with sports betting site in PA. CDI doesn’t stop there, the platform also in partnership with Golden Nugget, will launch an online sports betting and casino in New Jersey.
- CDI applied for the license to carry out the sports betting at $10 Million. The license to Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board sees Presque Isle Downs given an okay to provide online and live casino & sports betting.
- The company has also applied for licenses that would allow them to provide table games and slots to the players.
- Bill stated that the company was applying for its licenses together with those of the employees and the partner, SBTech was also doing the same. He hopes that the sportsbook and the online casino will be operational by the fourth quarter after the approval of the licenses is made.
- There is however no license applied for the provision of online poker games. So, let’s take a look throughout our Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview.
Presque Isle Downs Sportsbook Preview: A Specialist on Horse Racing
With the Sportsbook, there was a lot of speculation on its launch. One point to note is that Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board laws require that for a casino to launch an online sportsbook, there must be a retail sportsbook on the ground. Much anticipation was on June 1 where many expected Presque Isle Downs to launch the sportsbook after the casino had targeted the day. That was supposed to be 6 months after the sports betting license was applied. However, that did not come to be.
The retail sportsbook is however expected to be launched next to the popular PA Poker room and it will cover a 1,275-square-foot space. There will be 50 betting kiosks installed coupled up with 50 large-screen HD televisions in the casino. The area is expected to be smoking-free zone but some of the kiosks will be installed within Center Bar and Bar 90 which allow smoking. After a successful launch, which has not happened yet, the players can start looking forward to the online sportsbook.
With the casino being located in the US, some of the games that you can look forward to will include; Soccer, Basketball, Football, Tennis, Hockey, Golf, Darts and Aussie Rules.
Still, on the online sportsbook, which is largely expected to be under BetAmerica brand, many players will expect various markets provided favored with competitive odds to assure good returns. There will also be an expectation of a number of promotions being offered with huge returns expected thereafter. Additionally, there will be expectations of several features being incorporated that will involve the in-play betting that ensures maximizing on profits, cash out feature to lock profits and minimize risks and the live streaming feature which has lacked in many of the New Jersey online casinos that offer sports betting.
Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview: Slots, Poker & Table Games
Welcome offers & Bonuses
- With the casino being anticipated, several aspects will need to be put right. Coming to an industry with heavyweights will need some push to attract a following and receive that marketing edge. One such aspect is the welcome offer and the promotions thereafter. The online sites including those that have operated in New Jersey have offered their new members two types of welcome bonuses.
- To start with, there has been the no-deposit bonus that is given after successful account creation which ranges somewhere between $10-$30. This is normally a bonus that the players use to test the website and with no deposit required, there is no risk at all to the player.
- The other type of welcome bonus is the ‘deposit bonus’ where players are given bonuses depending on their first deposit. too many platforms, the first deposit is normally 100% matched up to a possible bonus of somewhere between $100 – $2,000. With the first deposit of $200 for example, you are awarded a $200 bonus and together you will have $400 to play.
- All the promotions offered are subject to terms and conditions and we expect nothing different from Presque Isle Downs Casino.
Casino Games: 1600 Slot Machines & Over 40 Tables
The retail casino has over 1600 slot machines to offer and over 40 table games to offer. Remember, the online casino will not have the online poker games on board with CDI not applying for the license for them. With SBTech, we have seen partnerships with software providers like Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt and many more.
With the providers come various features like high-quality games, themes, graphics, and sounds. Players can also expect back-end management tools that go-ahead to provide security, affiliate marketing, and bonus payout. Some of the categories to look out for will include;
One observation that the casino will have is on the number of slots in the online sites operating in New Jersey. They have been offered in impressive numbers and if the site is to rival them, then it has to match them and do even better. The PA players will be thrilled with the RTP offered by the online slots in New Jersey. There is a payout percentage of 95% on average and some of the slots will go as high as 99% in the payout percentage.
The RTP rates on the retail slots are not favorable to the PA players with a tax levy of about 54% put by the state. The state does not plan to stop with the laws being extended to the online operators and this will probably lead to the online casinos offering slots with not so impressive odds. There will be less expectation in terms of revenue by the state of New Jersey on the Slots. However, players can still expect popular titles and probably possible incorporation of Progressive Jackpot Slots that will have a promise of very high returns.
Some of the titles that can be anticipated may be;
- Divine Fortune
- Jack Hammer 2
- Jurassic Park
- Terminator 2
- Crystal Cash
For Presque Isle Downs, some of the rules that they will be required to follow as set out to licensed operators to provide Blackjack games will include;
- Blackjacks pay 3:2
- Late surrender
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- Re-split up to three hands
- Double on any two
With Microgaming being one of the providers, the online blackjack category is expected to hit the road running with games like;
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Vegas Single-Deck Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Multi-Hand Gold Series
- Blazing 777 Blackjack
For this category, the online platform will have the games provided by heavyweights like NetEnt and Microgaming. For Presque, we expect American and European wheels. The difference comes in the RTP rates and with American Roulette which has a 5.26% house edge, 94.74% will be the RTP. For European Roulette, there will be a house edge of 2.7% and the RTP rate will be 97.3%. Some of the variations to be expected will include; Double Bonus Spin Roulette and Three Reel Roulette.
There is an expectation of other table games and other games generally that will comprise of; Baccarat, Slingo, let it Ride, Three Card Poker, Hold’em High and Virtual Sports. Of course this is a Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview.
Gaming Platforms: How to Access Presque Isle Downs & Casino
With the online platform, there need to be several mediums in which the players can use to access the platform. Like other online platforms, Presque Isle Downs Casino will look at the convenience and accessibility of the players. We expect the services to be accessed via;
- Desktop: This is among the popular modes used and its expected it will take the center stage with the casino. With the desktop, there are no downloads required and the platform can be accessed directly through the browsers.
- Mobile: This will translate into two. The mobile application and mobile site. For the PA iGaming platforms, a mobile application is a necessity and with Presque, this will be expected. With SBTech behind them, we expect the experience will be worthwhile while interacting. Additional features are expected on the application which in many cases may involve; playing games, participating in promotions, processing payments and creating an account.
The mobile site will be reminiscent of the desktop version with probably the same features and what differs on the mobile platforms is the number of games that are added occasionally.
This is another section that will be used to grade the casino as compared to the rest. With the legalizing of online gambling, the law also opened doors for deposits and withdrawals to be done by trusted payment processors. The PA casino is also expected to accept modes like Credit cards and Debit cards, however, in most cases, the card issuer (banks) can decline to process payments for the online gambling purposes resulting to many transactions not being completed. Not a recommended move as such.
Presque Isle Downs casino will have to look for alternative methods and they should have methods like;
- Cash at the Presque Isle Downs cage
- Bank Wire Transfer
- PayNearMe (Cash at 7-Eleven)
- Online Banking Transfer
- Presque Isle prepaid card
- ACH bank transfers
On the withdrawal section, the platform should ensure that the modes players used while depositing should be available while withdrawing.
With the casino making their cameo to the online space, many technical issues will arise and there need to be fast solutions to the players. The players should get effective service and with all the products and services offered, many questions will be expected. This will be a reason as to why the casino should take the same route other NJ casinos have taken by providing various modes to reach the customer support team services. We would expect the following modes on board;
- FAQs – Extensive and comprehensive enough
- Live Chat
- Phone Number
The number should be toll-free and the services should be available 24/7.
Final Thoughts: The Competition is Big But Time Will Tell
As we saw throughout our Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview. with the competitiveness experienced in the online gambling sites, questions linger as to the success that Presque Isle Down Online Casino will hit. There are many casinos in the same niche of operations that have made their names. There are heavyweights like Golden Nugget, Resorts Casino and more. The success will not be determined by how long it stays in the market but by the products and services, it will bring on board. The players will expect several aspects as highlighted to be put straight. The games should be plenty, the promotions should be offered in impressive numbers, an available mobile platform, effective customer service, various payment modes, and the platform should roll out an easy-to-use interface that improves the interaction. With CDI being the main driver behind the casino, players will expect a platform that will hit the ground running due to the company’s expertise. With the sportsbook still on the books, the casino is expected to hit the industry with the top punch. Only time will tell.
Top 3 Alternatives
One of the most known casinos in the US. There are more than 500 casino games. Definitely one of the largest selection of online casino games in New Jersey. What is more, the Golden Nugget has great promotions. All you have to do is enter our exclusive Golden Nugget Casino Bonus Code. You will also find a dedicated mobile application which is very smooth and totally user-friendly.
Caesars definitely has some of the more interesting welcome offers. You can get up to $300 in sports and $300 in casino free bets. Caesars definitely has a great choice of games for both sports and casino. What is more, you will also find a great mobile application. The sportsbook might be just launched but it is very interesting, even though improvements could definitely be done.
This operator might be known for its casino but it will soon launch a sportsbook. Parx Casino definitely has interesting offers and a very ergonomic platform. The sportsbook is expected to be one of the best in the market, so we are definitely eager to see what is has to offer.
Presque Isle Downs Online Casino Preview Last Update: July 2019